The Shimna Challenge (sportive with a twist!) is on Sunday 9th July 2017. We have high expectations that it will be even bigger and better than ever. This event offers two options, a 50 mile or a 30 mile cycle through the heart of the Mournes,
The routes will be suitable for everyone from leisure cyclist to club racers.
- £15 entry fee on the day (For Cycling Ireland Members) otherwise £20 or £10 online (For Cycling Ireland Members) otherwise £15 (£5 for day licence)
- carparking (Bryansford GAC)
- motorcycle support / outriders
- Mechanical support
- breath taking scenery
- great craic with “bike” minded individuals
- refreshment stop at mid way point (Rostrevor 50 mile route) (Hilltown 30 mile route).
- tasty food stop at the end.
- shower / changing facilities
- personal wristband with support number
- fully marked route. 50 mile route map, 30 mile route map