ENTRY FEE – Adult £20 or £25 without Cycling Ireland Membership.
PAYMENT – Payment can be made for individual or multiple entries by a secure card transaction.
CHARITABLE DONATIONS – The aim of the organisers will be to donate as a minimum £5 per entry fee to the Mourne Mountain Rescue Team. Details will be published on our website after the event.
HQ & Start/Finish Bryansford GAA , Castlewellan Road, Newcastle
OFFICIAL EVENT PHOTOGRAPHERS
Terms & Conditions
Shimna Wheelers Cycling Club invite you to participate in our exciting new event, The 3 Park Challenge. The 3 Park Challenge is a leisure MTB/CX sportive commencing in Newcastle and traversing some of the most demanding terrain found in the Donard, Tollymore and Castlewellan Parks before finishing back in Newcastle. The event is an endurance MTB/CX 28 mile route with 4500 feet climbing. The route has carefully been chosen to appeal to riders from various backgrounds who wish to enjoy in the incredible Mourne scenery. Your journey will take you along the Newcastle seafront, up into the iconic Mourne Mountains, surrounding hills and finishing back in Newcastle. You will tackle gravel park roads, stone pathways, natural paths and roads on your way to conquering the 3 Park Challenge, oh and let’s not forget the KOM/QOM on the last and longest climb of the day. Sign up and we’ll see you on the 3rd March.
The Terms and Conditions detailed below apply to all entrants participating in the Shimna Wheelers 3PC. Completion of an entry form or purchase of an entry by every participant acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the participant.
- Riders are required to attend a start line briefing and read briefing notes and sign to confirm that they agree to abide by the instructions given.
- All riders must be self-supported. The event organisers and staff are not responsible for your preparedness while riding the course.
- You should ensure that both you and your bike are in a serviceable state to complete the 28mile course of road, gravel road and natural trail. A standard road bike is NOT suitable for this event.
- Each participant, upon signing the registration form, agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of riding the distance they have chosen. If, during the event, they decide to change their route and distance, then all consequences of this action are theirs.
- If the situation arises that you are in an accident and are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, the rider agrees that a member of the organisation or a member of the public/other rider may call for them.
- At any time pre, during, and post event, riders must conduct themselves in a manner that does not discredit themselves or the event organisers. Riders must be considerate to other users of bridleways, tracks, byways and public ways when riding on and off road. None of the course is closed to other users and riders must anticipate and take due care of other users.
- Riders are expected to respect the Mourne countryside that the event travels through. It should be remembered that this is both a working landscape and home to many communities. Riders stopping for a comfort break are asked to do so discretely and appropriately and not to cause any offence to local residents or other riders.
- There are sections of public road included within the course. You must obey all Highway Code rules.
- Riders whilst participating in the event must do so wearing a helmet complying with latest EN1078, ANSI Z90/4 or SNELL standards. Any rider not conforming to this term will not be allowed to start or will be removed from the event if started.
- Riders must carry the minimum required equipment for the full duration of the course. Spot checks may be used to ensure rider safety.
- The organisers reserve the right to postpone or cancel the event. This will be considered should access to the event or sufficient portions of the course be deemed too dangerous due to severe adverse weather conditions or due to any other scenario that makes the event not viable.
- The participant accepts that the event they are entering is not a race in any format.
- This event is NOT open to riders under 16.
- All riders must have Cycling Ireland 3rd Party Insurance to participate in this event (either personal registration or event specific purchased for the event.
- Organisers cannot take responsibility for loss or damage of personal possessions during the event.
- During the event there will be warning signs at appropriate points on the trails or roads used for this event. Absence of these signs does not signal there are no dangers approaching and it is the individual rider’s responsibility to make a decision regarding whether to ride a section or not. The marking of the route does not necessarily indicate that the trail or road is rideable and the participant is deemed to make their own decision about whether to proceed on bike, foot or not at all.
- Participants who wish to be included within the KOM/QOM competition must have a personal Strava account and have their 3PC ride loaded by 12 midday Monday 5th March.
- Riders are expected not to drop or leave any litter on any part of the route and to dispose of it responsibly at an appropriate place or bin. Any rider found littering will be disqualified from the event.
- Each participant will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the rider. This includes, but is not exclusive to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Ambulance service.
- Each participant hereby grants to Shimna Wheelers Cycling Club an exclusive, absolute and irrevocable worldwide assignment in perpetuity in the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant obtained at the event and grants to Focal Events the right to use and publish such content in any and all media. The participant hereby releases Shimna Wheelers Cycling Club from any and all liability from such use and promotion. The participant hereby authorises the reproduction, sale, copyright, exhibit, broadcast, electronic storage and/or distribution of said photographs/film/video tapes/electronic representations and/or sound recordings without limitation at the discretion of Shimna Wheelers Cycling Club. The participant specifically waives any right to any compensation they may have for appearing in any of the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant at a Shimna Wheelers Cycling Club event.
- In the event that a participant fails to complete the course for any reason they agree to return to or call the event centre before the close of the event and report to a member of staff. Not doing so will mean that a search may be organised and the subsequent cost will be billed to the rider.
- Cancellations – we cannot refund entry fees after the application has been processed. Entries are non-transferable.