Interested in joining Shimna Wheelers Cycling Club: We have a range of ride abilities to suit different level riders. From beginner to advanced, leisure to competition, young and not as young. Follow one of the steps below to join us now.
- Email us here and we will send you a form.
- Turn up to any of the club runs and someone will guide you in the right direction. Visit our club ride page for more information (here). You will be allowed two trial sessions after which you will be required to join and pay the relevant membership fee.
Leisure Membership – This membership is only for those not taking part in any competition. It covers riders for commuting, solo training, club rides, open leisure tours, and sportives. It does NOT cover riders for any form of competition.
Limited Competition Membership – This membership will cover riders who wish to take part in any form of club or inter-club competition such as club road races and time trials. You CANNOT take part in an open road race or open time trial with this membership. However, on the day that your club is promoting an open race, you may take part in this event with your club competition license.
Full Competition Membership – This membership permits riders to take part in all types of open competition anywhere in Ireland.
NOTE: Shimna Wheelers CC is affiliated with Cycling Ireland and all members are required to obtain CI membership. This is included in the fees above and can be administered by the Club Secretary.
Other benefits of being a member of a local cycling club:
- Improved health & fitness, disappearing waistline!
- Get advice from experienced cyclists
- 3rd party public liability insurance
- Cycle as part of a wider social group
- Make friendships with “bike” minded individuals
- Participate in some friendly, healthy competition